DTH Sports at a Glance

Good morning, DTH sports fans

Welcome back to DTH Sports at a Glance — your dose of sports news from the student journalists at The Daily Tar Heel. Every Friday, we'll let you know what's coming up and what you might have missed during the week. And on Monday, we'll catch you up on all of the games and news from over the weekend.

To sign up for our breaking news alerts or general daily newsletter, visit bit.ly/dthsubscribe. Share it with all of your friends who want to keep up with UNC athletics.

Enjoying DTH Sports At a Glance? Send us your feedback.

The shot is back

North Carolina guard Marcus Paige might have finally broke out of his shooting slump against Boston College on Saturday. The reason for Paige's slump is still unknown, but it didn't matter for the senior, who scored 12 points and hit three 3-pointers.

Read Assistant Sports Editor Jackson Cowart's story here.

Without Hatchell

The North Carolina women's basketball team was without Coach Sylvia Hatchell on Sunday in its 78-49 loss to N.C. State. Hatchell's absence spawned from the first of her two one-game suspensions, and her empty seat on the bench spoke volumes for the Tar Heels. 

Read Assistant Sports Editor Jeremy Vernon's story here.

Straight sweep

The No. 10 North Carolina men's tennis team upended No. 7 Illinois on Saturday night, defeating the Fighting Illini 4-0. In a matchup between two top-10 teams, it was UNC's depth that proved to be the difference and allowed the Tar Heels to pull off the upset. 

Read Staff Writer Christian Phillips' story here.

A work in progress

For much of this season, North Carolina women's tennis player Chloe Ouellet-Pizer has been working on staying aggressive. And in Sunday's 4-0 win over No. 9 Texas A&M, her hard work paid off.

Read Staff Writer Blake Richardson's story here.

Looking Ahead

• The North Carolina men's golf team competes in the Sea Best Invitational in Ponte Vedra, Fla., on Monday and Tuesday.
  • The North Carolina men's basketball team faces ACC opponent Louisville at 7 p.m. on Monday in Louisville, Ky.
  • The North Carolina women's basketball team takes on Louisville at 7 p.m. on Thursday in Carmichael Arena.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2024 Music Edition