Hakeem Nicks Richard Quinn Brandon Tate Garrett Reynolds and Brooks Foster all were selected in this weekend's NFL Draft tying Maryland for the most picks from a school in the ACC and the largest draft class for the Tar Heels since 2002.

Nicks was selected by the New York Giants as the 29th pick of the NFL Draft on Saturday" making it two straight first-round picks for the Tar Heels and the 18th in UNC history.

""I'm excited about the opportunity that is ahead of me in New York"" Nicks is quoted in a release. I was just waiting around today to hear my name called and was relieved when it happened. I got a call from Coach (Tom) Coughlin right before they made the pick. It's something I've prepared my whole life for and I look forward to the challenge.""

Richard Quinn also went on the first day of the draft" heading to the Denver Broncos as the 64th overall selection.

Tate was picked by New England with the 83rd overall pick" as a third-round selection.

Atlanta made Reynolds the 156th overall pick in the fifth round.Reynolds started 32 games at UNC and earned second-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference honors in 2008.

""I was a little surprised" because I did not have an individual workout with them but I remember they liked me at the combine" said Reynolds, who watched the draft from his Knoxville, Tenn., home.I was just laying on the floor stretching out" nodding off a little because I had been watching the draft for so long.All of a sudden my cell phone vibrated and I ran in the kitchen to talk to the general manager.While I was on the phone I heard my family yelling and screaming in the other room when it came on TV.

Foster became the third Tar Heel picked in this year's draft when St. Louis chose him in the fifth round.

The last time two Tar Heels were selected among the first 64 picks was in 2002 when defensive end Julius Peppers was the No. 2 overall pick and defensive tackle Ryan Sims was the No. 6 overall pick.