To the person who wrote an editorial (“Davis should go,” Oct. 4) concerning dismissing Butch Davis: You are a fool. To the editor who printed it: You are a bigger fool. If you are both the person who wrote and allowed this piece to make it into the paper: I must question the full functionality of your brain.

Butch Davis came to this university to win, not to uphold academic integrity. Although I’m sure we would all like to think he came to make sure everyone on the football team does their homework, I think establishing a foundation for the future of UNC football might be a little higher on the list. If you want academic integrity, go to Duke. I heard that’s worked well for them for the last … eternity. We can’t afford to lose Butch when the ACC is so vulnerable to any team being the new powerhouse.

I love Butch Davis, I love UNC football, but most importantly I love the combination of those two. My favorite quote from the editorial states, “There’s still no definitive evidence of Davis being directly involved.” Well if that’s your logic, there’s no definitive evidence of me being an Eskimo, but apparently if the DTH can think it up, I must be it. The only definitive evidence is that this piece was worthy of the Nobel Prize for crap. My advice to the DTH: Support Butch, support UNC football, and re-evaluate your writing staff and your purpose on this campus.

Darren Webber
Health Policy and Economics
Senior