You may have noticed more than 300 UNC Dance Marathon committee members shouting encouragement to sign up to dance last week.

That’s because we, along with the patients and families who we meet, have been integrally affected by this organization and its cause.

The UNC Dance Marathon is about hundreds of students coming together to demonstrate emotional and financial support for people they may never meet.

If the Pit was overwhelming to you, don’t let it be the reason you miss out on this amazing experience.

Instead, visit our website (www.uncmarathon.org) to learn what it means to be a part of UNC Dance Marathon and about our initiatives at N.C. Children’s Hospital.

Check out our YouTube channel, where you can see for yourself what the marathon is and learn how our campus and community is behind the cause.

The marathon will take place Feb. 18 to 19, 2011. For 12 years, students have worked to improve the quality of life for patients and families at the hospital, raising more than $2.4 million.

Learn what we mean when we say “For the Kids”: Take a stand this year for something bigger than yourself.

You might find that after this most rewarding 24-hour experience, you’ll be standing in the Pit with us next year spreading the word about what we can accomplish when working together.

Sarah Beth Wilkison
2011 Dance Marathon Overall Committee