Clemson has visited Chapel Hill 55 times without notching a single win, and odds are it won’t this time around either.

The Tigers (13-12, 5-6 ACC) enter Saturday’s match-up fresh off an upset win against Virginia, but that game is one of the few bright spots for Clemson in a season that has seen losses to College of Charleston and Coastal Carolina.

Andre Young is a feisty leader for the Tigers from the point guard position. Young and backcourt mate Tanner Smith will look to exploit a UNC 3-point defense that has been suspect in recent games, but the Tigers shoot only 33.3 percent from deep on the season.

If the shots are falling for Clemson, the pressure will fall on Reggie Bullock and Harrison Barnes to continue the shooting success they found in the second half against Miami.

The Tar Heels have a significant advantage in the paint, where Tyler Zeller and John Henson outmatch any Clemson frontcourt player. UNC will feed the big men early and often.

The Lowdown on Saturday’s Game

Clemson at No. 8 North Carolina

Backcourt

Andre Young averages 13.6 points per game and nearly a 3 to 1 assist-to-turnover ratio. Kendall Marshall and Reggie Bullock didn’t score until the second half in Wednesday’s game.

Edge: Push

Frontcourt

Milton Jennings and Devin Booker are formidable, but Tyler Zeller has emerged as an ACC Player of the Year candidate, John Henson averages a double-double and Harrison Barnes is scoring 17.7 points a game.

Edge: UNC

Bench

UNC’s bench isn’t very strong, but neither is Clemson’s. No Tiger reserve averages more than five points a game. UNC’s P.J. Hairston is shooting 16.2 percent from deep in ACC play and is still battling a sore left foot.

Edge: Push

Intangibles

Clemson has never won a game in Chapel Hill. Fifty-five games, no wins. Even in the Matt Doherty-led 8-20 season, one of the Tar Heels’ four ACC wins was against the Tigers.

Edge: UNC

The Bottom Line — North Carolina 82, Clemson 61

Compiled by Chris Moore. Contact the Sports Editor at sports@dailytarheel.com.