kvetch:
v.1 (Yiddish) to complain

Summer school is academia’s one-night stand: hard, hot and fast … but rarely regrettable.

Do “landlord” and “landlady” make anyone else uncomfortable? Nothing makes you feel trapped in a crappy apartment like a vestige of the feudal system.

Dear sprinklers: If I wanted to get wet in the Arboretum, I would at least wait until dusk.

Diamond Heels, here’s the scoop: a baseball game is supposed to be NINE innings, got it? How do you expect me to stay awake in class if I’m at the Bosh until 1 a.m.?

Summer (one last chance to find an athlete husband!) school.

Summer in Chapel Hill: flowers in the trees and short shorts under ponytails. Summer in Carrboro: flowers in the hair and short shorts under beards.

Chick-fil-A: Coping with the bigotry was already a challenge, and now you abandon us all summer? No more. That’s the straw that breaks the poor cow’s back.

Thanks for bringing me down from my Arrested Development high, Game of Thrones.

George R. R. Martin: You get some kind of sick pleasure out of killing people’s dreams and TV boyfriends, don’t you? You should be ashamed.

Anyone else excited to have a provost who shares his name with a ’50s movie star, a country musician who sold sausage and a porn star who sells sausage while imitating a ’50s movie star?

Send your one-to-two-sentence entries to opinion@dailytarheel.com by text or email.