2020 State and Local Voter Guide

74e9eab4-5355-4187-996f-321f81fc47d8-original
UNC-CH students ready themselves to make a difference during this 2020 election.

Here’s who's on the 2020 Orange County ballot

This year is a presidential election year, but there are many other statewide and local races on the ballot.

The deadline to register to vote is Oct. 9.

The last day to turn in your absentee ballot is Oct. 27.

Early voting will occur from Oct. 15 - Oct. 31.

For more information, visit your state or county Board of Elections website.

The Daily Tar Heel broke down candidates’ platforms down the ballot, from the U.S. Senate to the Board of County Commissioners, so you don’t have to. 

We surveyed students to hear what issues mattered most to them. Then, we asked each candidate their stances on these issues.  

Read their answers below. 

For information about how to vote in the election, check out our guide on registering to vote and voting by mail, early or in-person on Election Day. If you still have questions about voting by mail, read our story about the N.C. Board of Elections guidance for students voting by mail

This is a living guide - check back as we update the story with more information. 

For more information about voting, visit our election center and listen to our elections podcast, Before You Vote, on Spotify and Apple Podcasts. If you’re not voting in Orange County, check out this comprehensive voter guide on the N.C. General Assembly candidates in seven North Carolina college towns.

Will Melfi

Will Melfi is the digital managing editor of The Daily Tar Heel. He is a senior at UNC-Chapel Hill studying journalism and political science.