UNC men's basketball to play Kentucky following cancellation vs. No. 4 UCLA

20211201_Wilder_BasketballMIchigan-798.jpg
A basketball rests on the court during a timeout during UNC basketball's home game against Michigan on Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021.

North Carolina's men's basketball team will face the No. 21 Kentucky Wildcats on Saturday at 5:30 p.m., replacing its original matchup against No. 4 UCLA, according to a revised schedule from CBS Sports.

The two teams have played each other three times previously in the CBS Sports Classic, with North Carolina winning only one of those matchups, 75-63, last year.

The highly-anticipated showdown between the Tar Heels and the No. 4 UCLA Bruins was thrown into jeopardy after UCLA head coach Mick Cronin entered COVID-19 protocols this past Wednesday, prior to a match against Alabama State. With Cronin unavailable, that match was also canceled.

The other matchup scheduled for the CBS Sports Classic was between the No. 21 Kentucky Wildcats and the No. 15 Ohio State Buckeyes, which was also canceled due to COVID-19 cases within the Buckeyes' program. Ohio State announced Thursday that game would not be rescheduled, while the Wildcats announced they were working with the organizers to find a replacement.

@pjdaman12