Welcome to a new season of Before You Vote, The Daily Tar Heel's election podcast. This season, we will be breaking down what you need to know about voting before the 2023 local elections. In this episode, Ethan Horton, Lucy Marques and Walker Livingston from the City & State desk go over some of the school board candidates, Barbara Foushee's campaign for Carrboro Mayor and campaign finance.

spotify-podcast-badge-heeltalk
apple-podcast-badge-heeltalk

Lucy Marques

Lucy Marques is a 2023-24 assistant city & state editor at The Daily Tar Heel. She was previously a city & state senior writer. Lucy is a junior pursuing a double major in political science and Hispanic literatures and cultures.

Ethan E. Horton

Ethan E. Horton is the 2023-24 city & state editor at The Daily Tar Heel. He has previously served as a city & state assistant editor and as the 2023 summer managing editor. Ethan is a senior pursuing a double major in journalism and media and political science, with a minor in history.

Sierra Pfeifer

Sierra Pfeifer is a 2023-24 audio & video co-editor at the Daily Tar Heel. She has previously served as the audio editor. Sierra is a senior pursuing a degree in media and journalism with minors in Spanish and English.   

Walker Livingston

Walker Livingston is the 2024 enterprise managing editor at The Daily Tar Heel. She has previously served as summer city & state editor and assistant city & state editor. Walker is a sophomore pursuing a double major in journalism and media and American studies, with a minor in data science.