UNC Police arrest individual at Chase Dining Hall for trespassing, resisting arrest

Chase Dining Hall is pictured in 2017.

Chase Dining Hall is pictured in 2017.

UNC Police arrested an individual at Chase Dining Hall at around 8:45 p.m. on Thursday night. The person was charged with second-degree trespassing and resisting arrest, according to the police incident report. 

The 23-year-old individual entered Chase Dining Hall after being told not to return and was physically resistant, police said in the report. 

The arrested person was unarmed and taken into custody by UNC Police. They are being held without bond in the Orange County Jail and will appear in court on Friday at 2 p.m.

In a video obtained by The Daily Tar Heel, the individual can be seen yelling as UNC Police officers apprehend them. 

"This is an illegal arrest," the individual said in the video. It then appears they were tased by police.

This is a developing story. Check back here for updates. 

CORRECTION: A previous version of this article included incorrect information regarding the individual’s connection to UNC. The Daily Tar Heel apologizes for this error.

@l_rhodsie 

@dailytarheel | university@dailytarheel.com

Lauren Rhodes

Lauren Rhodes is the 2024 university editor at The Daily Tar Heel. She has previously served as an assistant editor and senior writer for the university desk. Lauren is a sophomore pursuing a double major in media and journalism and political science with a minor in politics, philosophy and economics.Â