DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: I am unicorn

Happy Tuesday, all! UNC has started the week out strong with unicorn petitions, football clarity and World War II podcasts. Read on to find out more:

QUICK HITS

• Well, unicorns are better than racists. A petition to change the town of Carrboro's name (inspired by Julius Shakespeare Carr, the man who dedicated Silent Sam) to Unicornboro has been posted on Care2 Petitions.
  • Let's get down to business! University Career Services hosted a workshop yesterday for students applying to Kenan-Flagler Business School.
  • Still no update on the starting quarterback for Saturday's season opener, but the rest of UNC football's depth chart has been slowly filling in.
  • Think the world is too crowded? You're not alone, but you shouldn't worry about it, according to columnist Will Parker.

GROUPS THINK

• Silent Sam was a much-discussed topic at Monday's Faculty Executive Committee meeting. Chancellor Folt and others voiced their opinions on the statue and what exactly they should do with it.
  • Roy Cooper's veto record isn't too hot right now. Five of his 11 vetoes have been overridden, and the remaining six might join that pile. 
  • You have opinions. We have opinions. Those opinions involve incest, in at least one case. Read Arts' hot takes on the Game of Thrones finale and Taylor Swift's new music video to figure out where we fall on the issues. 

BEGINNINGS

• A UNC professor is releasing a podcast on the Japanese-American internment camps of World War II, called "Scapegoat Cities," this fall.
  • A UNC student rolled out an app called Grooop, a hybrid between a safety alert app and a social platform, last week. 
  • Amazingly, most first-years want honesty about the negatives of their first semester of college. Here's how the editorial board thinks we can help.