DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Bad libs

Happy (DAY OF THE WEEK), everyone! We've been playing a lot of Mad Libs at the DTH this (TIME OF DAY), and in the spirit of that and the number of free speech articles we've got today, the rest of this newsletter will be fill in the blank style. Good luck!

(P.S.: If you fill out the whole thing, tweet it with the hashtag #DTHglancing!) 

QUICK (PLURAL NOUN)

• President Trump's Attorney General Sessions announced a (NOUN) to end Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals yesterday. Here are the responses from the University and N.C. politicians.
  • In the wake of Hurricane Harvey, North Carolina continues to feel the effects of Hurricane Matthew.

• Remember the Disney Channel Original Movie™ "Jump In!"? Arts desk does. Also, the Carolina Jump Rope Club is representing UNC on an (ADJECTIVE) stage in Hong Kong and I really miss Corbin Bleu. 

• Duke is going to raise its employee minimum wage to $15 by 2019 — and some UNC (PLURAL NOUN) want to follow suit. 

(ADJECTIVE) SPEECH

• Silent Sam is (ADJECTIVE). The Campus Y has had banners (VERB ENDING IN -ED) by the University. A (NOUN) is planned for today on the lower quad. Free speech is more (ADJECTIVE) than ever at UNC — here's how it's continuing to impact the campus.
  • How Does It Feel to Be a (NOUN)? That's the question that was posed by the Carolina Summer Reading Program over the summer, and one that was explored in a panel last night about race, ethnicity and (NOUN).

• Trying to get out of that 8 a.m. Friday recitation as (ADVERB) as possible? Our editorial board thinks you should speak up instead.
  • You Asked For It! Our advice column about (NOUN) is back and (ADJECTIVE) than ever. In the first installment, (NAMES OF PEOPLE IN THE ROOM WITH YOU) tackle (ADJECTIVE) clothes and losing faith in God. No (NOUN).

(ADVERB) THE TOWN

• Last night was filled with Orange County meetings — Carrboro's Board of Aldermen and the Orange County Board of Commissioners met to (VERB) community (PLURAL NOUN). 
  • In other local news, the Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce recently (VERB ENDING IN -ED) a statement calling for the removal of Silent Sam and apologizing for a previous statement released in 1964 supporting segregation.