DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Bikes, basketball and Bob’s Burgers

Push through, UNC! We’re just one day away from the weekend and one more Monday away from Halloween. Until then, here’s some quick news for your Thursday morning:

QUICK HITS 

• 18 bike sharing stations have been set up on campus as part of UNC’s Three Zeros Environmental Initiative, and the first hour of rent per day is free.
  • Pauper Players' third annual performance of Rocky Horror Picture Show this weekend promises to be spooky, eccentric and full of Halloween spirit. 
  • A GoFundMe campaign has been started for the residents of 416 Pittsboro Street, which included two UNC students, whose house went up in flames.

GREATEST HITS

• Joel Berry will be out for four weeks due to a hand injury from punching a wall after losing a 2K game he was playing with Theo Pinson and a student manager, which is honestly relatable according to sports editor Chapel Fowler.
  • We talked to UNC alum Scott Jacobson, who serves as an Emmy Award-winning writer and co-executive producer of "Bob's Burgers" and previously wrote for "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart." 
  • Former UNC quarterback Mitchell Trubisky is on the verge of establishing himself as an offensive leader for the Chicago Bears as quarterback Jay Cutler leaves the team.

STATE NEWS

• American colleges are experiencing a drop in international student enrollment, which may be due to the U.S.’ political climate and travel ban.
  • Roy Cooper’s veto of Senate Bill 656 has been overturned, cancelling North Carolina’s upcoming judicial primaries.
  • Rev. T. Anthony Spearman was elected as the new president of the North Carolina NAACP, as Rev. William Barber moves on to the Poor People’s Campaign.