Congrats on surviving the plague, UNC! Hang in there, and check out our headlines going into the weekend:
- Worried about finding a job after graduation? As a UNC student, your chances honestly look pretty good.
- Will men’s lacrosse meet expectations at this Saturday’s season opener? Ranked No. 9 in nation, the team hopes to come back strong after last year’s early NCAA tournament exit.
- COLUMN: So long, Franklin pizza places. We’re self-diagnosing lactose intolerance, one bloated belly at a time.
- The Pit is alive, with the sound of “Will you sign this petition?” Student Body President election season has arrived — here’s what’s changed since last year.
- The Board of Trustees met yesterday to discuss $1 billion of research money, millions of books and several possible futures for the Philosophy, Politics and Economic program.
- Hi, Class of 2022! As high schoolers posted their acceptances to Twitter, we asked them what they’re looking forward to about campus.
- “It’s a big deal because you get to be part of the program somewhat.” The UNC men’s JV basketball team cinched a 100-point win over Methodist on Wednesday.
IN THE ARTS
- What happens when sorority sisters find love? A UNC senior’s semi-autobiographical play opens this weekend to explore that question.
- Tonight at the Local 506, catch three bands and a blend of sounds for just $5.
- Need more ways to blow your money? Here’s a list of some awesomely cheap concerts coming to the Triangle this month.
To get the day's news and headlines in your inbox each morning, sign up for our email newsletters.