DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Duke, debt and Denver

Happy Wednesday, UNC! We all have papers to write and midterms to study for, so we won't slow you down too much with an intro — here's the news:

QUICK HITS

KEY PLAYS, KEY PLAYERS

• In the final months of his collegiate career, Theo Pinson has transformed from the team’s “energy guy” to its new star player — that's why he's the key to UNC's upcoming tournament runs. 
  • And speaking of keys to success — Cameron Johnson has stepped in to fill the Justin Jackson-sized hole in our hearts with an impressive shooting performance and team cooperation. 
  • UNC men’s lacrosse fought hard against Denver, but came up short for their first loss of the season. However, they’ll have the chance to redeem themselves against Hofstra next week. 

LITTY CITY

• In response to the death of two pedestrians on MLK, the Town of Chapel Hill has launched a Pedestrian Safety Campaign, which will kick off with a month of Phone Free Fridays.
  • “I would hope that the younger generations will also take a look at this because it’s also going to affect your life as well — you’re going to have to deal with the consequences." The Orange County Board of Commissioners is proposing a resolution to keep judges from being appointed by the NC General Assembly. 
  • COLUMN: Chapel Hill from a bird’s eye view is a beautiful thing — but since Chapel Hill’s Horace Williams Airport is due to close in May, many people might not get the chance to see it.