DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Blackout

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday!

This morning, I woke up and while I was brushing my teeth, the lights went off. I thought that a bulb had just burnt out but then I realized that my whole apartment was out. 

I thought it was an isolated issue, and I would just call maintenance. I went to class and saw the whole BUILDING was out. Elevators were down and the stairs had caution tape on them.

After running around due to being locked out of my room (electric locks), I found a kind maintenance man who said the building was on a scheduled power outage and that the stairs were fie, and someone had just forgotten to take down the tape.

...

ANYWAY. The whole event left me with a lot of questions, just as the new HOPE Act sign by Governor Cooper has left the ACLU with questions about it's constitutionality. 

The Rundown

• A UNC alum is heading across the pond to study men's violence prevention.. for free. A man who began as an engineer has now found his passion for education.

COPS!

From larceny to check fraud, our crime roundup has it all. We have descriptions of some of the crimes reported in the past week. Read all about what's going on in your neighborhood. 

Things to Do

July 18- Al's Burger Shack Beer Pairings- Trip Advisor's favorite burger place has teamed up with Bond Brothers to bring you some beefy, beery bites. (Beer Study)

July 18- Diaspora DANCE Workshop- Learn from not 1 but 4 different artists as they take you through multiple dances across the African Diaspora. (The Vault)

July 18- Live Jazz- Nothing livens up a Wednesday like smooooth jazz. Sit and sip or swing your hips to these toe-tapping tunes. (2nd Wind)

"Suddenly I find the electricity is gone."

Lin-Manuel Miranda