DTH Sports at a Glance

Good morning, DTH sports fans.

Welcome back to DTH Sports at a Glance — your dose of sports news from the student journalists at The Daily Tar Heel. Every Friday, we'll let you know what's coming up and what you might have missed during the week. And on Monday, we'll catch you up on all of the games and news from over the weekend.

To sign up for our breaking news alerts or general daily newsletter, visit bit.ly/dthsubscribe. Share it with all of your friends who want to keep up with UNC athletics.

Enjoying DTH Sports At a Glance? Send us your feedback.

'Comfortable and confident'

With North Carolina guard Marcus Paige sidelined with a broken hand, the Tar Heels needed someone to step up. And in UNC's first two games of the season, that player has been junior guard Nate Britt.

Read staff writer David Allen Jr.'s story here.

'Went out as winners'

With Saturday's win over Miami, the North Carolina football team became just the second team in program history to go 7-0 at Kenan Stadium — a feat thanks in large part to UNC's senior class.

Read Senior Writer Carlos Collazo's story here.

Michigan bound

With wins over Boston University and Michigan this weekend, the No. 1 North Carolina field hockey team will play in its 20th Final Four on Friday in Ann Arbor, Mich.

Read staff writer Will Bryant's story here.

Carter, Kay claim doubles title

North Carolina women's tennis players Whitney Kay and Hayley Carter lost in their previous title match of a major championship. But in Sunday's National Indoor Intercollegiate Championship, the duo bounced back.

Read staff writer Christian Phillip's story here.

Looking ahead

• The North Carolina women's basketball team hosts Florida A&M at 6 p.m. on Tuesday at Carmichael Arena.
  • The North Carolina junior varsity men's basketball team hosts the Methodist junior varsity men's basketball team at 4 p.m. on Wednesday at the Smith Center.
  • The North Carolina volleyball team hosts N.C. State at 6 p.m. on Wednesday at the Carmichael Arena.
  • The North Carolina men's basketball team hosts Wofford at 7 p.m. on Wednesday at the Smith Center.
  • The North Carolina swimming and diving teams host the annual Nike Cup Invitational starting at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday at Koury Natatorium.