Pit Talk

Feels like a Carolina Fall

<p>A little touch of Fall on campus.</p>
Buy Photos

A little touch of Fall on campus.

Fall is just over a week away (finally), and autumn brings some exciting events and beautiful changes to our campus. It’s that wonderful time of year when we can stop sweating our way to class on our 15-20 minute walk up from south campus. And with the near-“sweater weather” we’ve been having this week, it’s a little easier to get excited for the leaves falling and the abundance of pumpkin everything.

Here are a few things to look forward to in the next few months.

Fall foliage
Fall is one of the most beautiful times of the year at UNC. The orange and red hues dominate the campus tree line. The piles of leaves on the quad practically beg you to jump in them. The only downside is sudden accumulation of acorns, but not to worry – our fearless squirrels will take care of that.

Celebrating Halloween (or Heeloween) on Franklin
Homegrown Halloween is a Fall favorite and a top UNC Bucket List item. If you want to be super creative and original then it might be a good idea to start planning your costume now. Over the past few years, I’ve seen costumes ranging from the P2P to YouTube videos to the Party Rock robot.

Late Night with Roy (and the start of the basketball season)
What many would say is the most exciting part of Fall is Late Night, the kick off to the basketball season. This October, head down to the Dean Dome and watch the men’s and women’s basketball teams act in skits and dance their hearts out. Oh yeah, and they shoot some hoops as well.

_What are your favorite things during Fall at Carolina? Tweet us @PitTalk or comment below!
_