Patricia Laya Staff Writer

News

Bus route changes proposed

Shifts in ridership and desire for a new late-night route between Chapel Hill and Carrboro prompted the town to propose changes for three late-night bus lines. The changes would affect Safe Ride routes which run from Franklin Street on Thursday Friday and Saturday nights from 11 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.

News

Latinos gradually make their way to the polls

Slowly but surely seems to be the pace set by Latino voters heading toward the voting centers this election season. As of Oct. 25 the Orange County Board of Elections counted 1505 registered Latino voters about 68 percent more voters than were registered in January. Overall the number of registered voters in the county grew nearly 15 percent since January.

thorpschool
News

Back to school

Chancellor Holden Thorp advised a group of local high school students Monday to pick a university that offers a wide range of academic programs. ""UNC has excellent programs and students" but the most important thing is that you have the opportunity to find out what it is you love doing Thorp told eight students in an honors research class at Chapel Hill High School.

lacolina
News

UNC recluta a m?s Latinos

Inteligente ambicioso y Latino éste es el perfil del estudiante bajo la lupa de UNC hace ya cuarenta años. El fin de semana del 19 de septiembre la Universidad realizó un programa de reclutamiento Latino que atrajo a casi 30 estudiantes de procedencia hispana todos en su último año de bachillerato.

More articles »