Suzannah Claire Perry

Articles

DTH Photo Illustration. Undercounting in the 2020 census may seriously impact Orange County results. The numbers will help state, local and national officials plan for future development. Children under 6, ethnic minorities, renters and migrants often do not participate in the census often due to reasons such as the fear of what the government will do with the information and lack of funding. 

Orange County residents receive GOP "census" mailer weeks before actual census mailed

A Republican Party-sponsored fundraising mailer titled "Congressional District Census" has Orange County officials and census activists questioning if it will lower the census' completion rate. According to the official U.S. Census Bureau website, the census, which is administered every ten years, will be sent by mail in March. The GOP mailer has been sent out in national waves since late last year.

Volunteers at the Chapel of the Cross assist voters with registration for the upcoming primary election on Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020.

Meet the Republican candidates for lieutenant governor

In addition to serving on the Governor's Council of State, the lieutenant governor’s responsibilities include presiding over the state senate with a tie-breaking vote and serving on the State Board of Education, N.C. Board of Community Colleges, State Economic Development Board and the Military Affairs Commission.

Media

Local leaders, including Damon Seils, a member of the Carrboro Town Council, and Chapel Hill-Carrboro NAACP President Anna Richards, joined U.S. Rep. David Price, D-District 4, at the 2020 HKonJ march.

moral march 2020

Thousands gathered and marched to the  State Capitol Building at the NAACP-sponsored "Historic Thousands on Jones Street" march in downtown Raleigh on Saturday, Feb. 8, 2020. 

moral march 2020

Raging Grannies attended the 2020 HKonJ march. Ruth Zalph, pictured here in pink, wanted to use her privilege as a white woman to advocate for people with less privilege.

moral march 2020