Monday May 10th

Suzannah Claire Perry

Sports

Students rush Franklin Street for the second time following UNC win against Duke

Following UNC men's basketball defeat of Duke, fans rushed Franklin Street for the second time this year. Last month, officers took over 35 minutes to clear the intersection.  This crowd, which was substantially smaller, dispersed from the intersection for the resumption of traffic within five minutes. The crowd later regrouped for another brief period.

Read More »
News

Town and University look to avoid Franklin Street rush after Saturday's UNC-Duke game

In an email, Victoria Hudson, the Orange County Director of Environmental Health, said she was unaware of any community spread impacts from the February rush — however, she wrote, this is not an excuse to lose vigilance. “Community transmission and vaccination trends are moving in the right direction,” Hudson wrote. “The recent Executive Order eased some restrictions on businesses. We have to stay vigilant to eliminate any actions that could lead to negative impacts at this time.”

Read More »
Culture

Review: 'Anyone can cook’: TikTok’s 'Ratatouille' musical

"Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical" hit small screens nationwide Jan. 1 after garnering vast popularity from what started as a TikTok trend. The musical’s star-studded cast spans from popular TikTok creators like JJ Neimann (@jjneimann) to high-profile stars like Tituss Burgess, a Broadway and "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" alumnus who plays Remy, the “rat of all our dreams.” Almost cartoonish in nature, the musical’s filter-esque effects play into the silly and lighthearted nature of the whole digital affair. 

Read More »

More articles »

More media »

The Daily Tar Heel for April 2, 2021