Chase Rice Jubilee contract, openers announced

Country singer and former UNC football player Chase Rice does fourteen push ups to match Carolina's point scored.

Forget about last year's Doritos Locos Tacos. Country musician and 2016 Jubilee performer Chase Rice will be dining on protein shakes and a veggie tray. 

The Carolina Union Activities Board announced Feb. 12 that Chase Rice, a former UNC linebacker and a Class of 2008 graduate, will be the headliner for the April 16 concert. 

According to the Carolina Union tickets page, Lacy Cavalier and Chris Lane will also perform at Jubilee. Cavalier is best known for her song, “Put You Down,” and Lane opened for the Florida Georgia Line tour in 2014. 

While Boateng Kubi, the vice president of outreach and public relations for CUAB, said previously they spent around $77,000 booking Rice, the graduate will receive $70,000 to headline. The overall budget for the concert is $120,000. 

The 4,900 tickets offered will go on sale Tuesday. UNC student tickets will range from $8 to $12. General tickets will be $35, and alumni tickets will be $25. 

The contract was released to The Daily Tar Heel on Thursday; the contract for any opening acts have not yet been released. 

According to the official contract between CUAB and the artist, Rice requested specific accommodations for his dressing room: three cases of 24 water bottles; four bottles of Isopure Protein Drink, zero carb, any flavor; one case of 24 Gatorades, any flavor; one 12-pack of Coca-Cola; one 50-pound bag of clean ice; one deli tray; one veggie tray; one plain bag of chips, either Ruffles or LAY'S. 

CUAB did not deny any requests, unlike last year when they denied Rae Sremmurd’s request for two spicy crunch Doritos tacos from Taco Bell.

Because Jubilee is a stop in the Chase Rice tour, the correct billing of the event is “Campus Events Network Presents College Days, Country Nights: The Chase Rice Back to College Tour,” according to the contract. 

@sarahvassello