DTH at a Glance

I'm gonna take a shower instead of coming up with a headline

I've been wearing the same outfit for two days, and I'm really self conscious about it.

Tonight and today ran into each other, and I just didn't have time to change. 

I've asked literally everyone in this office if I should take my sweatshirt off and reveal that I wore the same shirt as yesterday or just sit here and pass out from heatstroke.

I reconciled revealing that I'm an outfit repeater with the fact that I am also a cartoon character, so it's fine.

There is, I learned today while hearing them scream-sing on the steps of Wilson Library, a group of students who wear jerseys every Thursday. Or as they call it, Jersday.

QUICK HIT

• As J-Kwon once (kind of) said, "(binge) drinking is very bad." Here's an update on UNC's task force to find solutions to combat binge drinking on campus.
  • Brittany Brewington juggles two jobs and classes at Durham Tech. One time in elementary school P.E., I juggled three lightweight scarf things. Brittany is really cool.
  • A student group wrote in chalk around campus, and another student group responded by mopping some of it up. I have a few pressing questions about this: First of all, where does one find a mop on campus?
  • A whole bunch of Carrboro Airbnb listings probably don't have the appropriate permits. I'm so happy that living in a cardboard box under a desk in this newsroom keeps me from having to find a rental!

IN CAMPUS NEWS

The company that wants to buy Student Stores used to sell textbooks to UNC. The director of Student Stores terminated the relationship in 2014. It's the best bookstore drama I've heard in days, if not weeks!

IN ENTERTAINMENT

PlayMakers Repertory Company’s newest play, “Disgraced,” puts an unconventional twist on an award-winning play. After the final scene, audience members used words like “despair,” “heavy,” “regret” and “drained” to describe how they felt. I can't imagine anything more emotionally powerful than the Celine Dion song at the end of "Titanic," but this probably comes close.

IN OUR OPINION

The Kvetching Board is back today. If you're a new kid who doesn't know what that is, imagine a vintage Yik Yak that prints the posts on this stuff called "paper" and doesn't send you creepy notifications if you don't check it for a few days.