UPDATE: Will Graves released a statement of apology. The statement can be found below.

A former UNC basketball player faces drug charges after he was found in possession of marijuana earlier this month at a home owned by UNC basketball coach Roy Williams.

Former UNC basketball player William Thomas Graves was charged with possession of marijuana and other drug paraphernalia on Dec. 6, according to Chapel Hill police reports.

Graves was arrested at 1016 Pinehurst Drive in Chapel Hill, according to the arrest report. That home is owned by UNC basketball coach Roy Williams, said Steve Kirschner, spokesman for the UNC basketball team.

Graves consented to a search of the home, which turned up marijuana, marijuana seeds, three marijuana blunts and 2 burnt marijuana blunts, according to the arrest report.

Kirschner said Williams has rented the home to various people both related and unrelated to the basketball program, including former player Lennie Rosenbluth. Kirschner said Williams knew about the charges and was “disappointed.”

Graves was released from the basketball team in 2010 for violating team rules.

Chapel Hill Police Lt. Josh Mecimore said police cited Graves and gave him a court date.

Graves had 4.40 grams of marijuana and 8 marijuana seeds, according to the arrest report.

The three marijuana blunts had about 3.8 grams of marijuana and the two burnt marijuana blunts had 1 gram of marijuana, the report states.

Graves just started living at the home this semester as he began work as a part-time video coordinator for the basketball team and continued his studies at the University.

Graves released the following statement:

“I would like to offer my sincerest apologies to Coach Williams, his family, and the University of North Carolina as well as my own family and friends for the negative attention I have brought upon them. I can blame only myself for my own stupid actions. Coach Williams has stood up for me on numerous occasions and it causes me great turmoil to let him down in this way. He gave me an opportunity to finish my degree this semester and I have successfully achieved that goal, which was a lifelong dream for my family and me. Unfortunately, I have no urge to celebrate that accomplishment because of the situation I brought upon myself. I understand my actions were wrong and I take full and complete responsibility for them and am extremely remorseful for that. I plan on continuing to pursue my career as a professional basketball player and again wish to send my most sincere apologies to Coach Williams, the Carolina family and my family, as well.”