3 things to note at halftime, where UNC men's basketball leads Chattanooga 44-33

UNC leads Chattanooga 44-33 at halftime. After an even 12 minutes, North Carolina opened up the lead after improving defensively.

Williams stuffs the stat sheet

After not starting the game, sophomore Kenny Williams made an immediate impact coming off the bench. Williams tallied five points, two rebounds and three assists. After a missed layup by Justin Jackson, Williams crashed the boards and found an open Joel Berry for a 3-pointer. On the next possession, Williams stole the ball and was able to draw a foul and an ovation from the crowd at the Smith Center.

Pryor paces Chattanooga

With 15 first half points, Greg Pryor has been able to keep the Mocs close. Pryor connected on three of his four 3-point attempts. As a team, Chattanooga shot 38.5 percent from behind the arc despite shooting only 36 percent from the field.

No other player for the Mocs is in double figures sot they key for the Tar Heels in the second half will be to make someone other than Pryor beat them. Chattanooga has struggled to score inside against the length of North Carolina but have been able to get open 3-point looks that they need to convert in order to comeback.

Hicks stays on the floor

Isaiah Hicks was able to stay out of foul trouble in the first half and lead North Carolina with 11 points and one personal foul. Hicks ran the floor and his teammates found him in transition where he is extremely difficult to defend. The challenge for Hicks in his career has been committing too many careless fouls that force Coach Roy Williams to put him on the bench.