3 things to note at halftime, where UNC leads Wake Forest 49-34

The No. 11 North Carolina men's basketball team leads Wake Forest 49-34 at halftime. Here are three things to note about the Tar Heels' play so far.

No foul, no problem

Isaiah Hicks is taking control on both ends of the court. Not only did he score eight points, he only missed one shot. On top of that. he made five rebounds. One of Hicks scoring highlights came with about eight minutes left to play in the half — when Hicks cut under the basket, grabbed Kenny Williams' pass and came

Hicks' biggest accomplishment in the first half? He has zero fouls. This is going to be huge for North Carolina down the stretch, as Hicks can remain a dominant presence in the front court in the second half. (On the other hand, only one starting Demon Deacon will not have two or more fouls going into the second half.)

Racking up rebounds

The Tar Heels started the game lacking on the rebound front — as they failed to tally an offensive rebound in the first five minutes of the game. But UNC has since asserted its prowess at the glass, coming up with 21 grabs (six on the offensive end) to Wake Forest's 12.

When UNC struggled with rebounding at the start, Wake Forest held control of the game. If North Carolina hopes to continue its success and extend the lead over the Demon Deacons, the Tar Heels must continue to be aggressive at the glass.

Tony Bradley is down

With 3:39 left in the half, Tony Bradley went down on the court. As Coach Roy Williams and other UNC officials rushed onto the court to check on him, Bradley lied on the ground, holding his face. Bradley is experiencing concussion-like symptoms, per a UNC official. He will be seen by a doctor and won't return to the game, according to the UNC official.

His absence will stretch UNC's limited front court, and makes it even more critical that Hicks continue to stay out of foul trouble.

@rblakerich_