Office DJ: YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW

Brian Keyes

Sports desk staff writer Brian Keyes

Howdy, I'm Brian, your brand-new friendly neighborhood arts & entertainment assistant editor. As someone who has been plotting to swindle his way onto the editorial staff of the DTH since the first day of college, I’ve thought long and hard about what my first office DJ set list would look like. Would it be something emphasizing my love of pianos and/or trumpets in rock music? Or perhaps a playlist to reflect my recent surgery?

But then I remembered how a few days ago I asked my lovely colleagues if anyone was a fan of country music and would talk to me for 10 minutes for a project I had to do in my history of country music class. To my dismay, my question was met with rejection and contempt. “Country music?” my supposed peers asked incredulously. “Nay. Not in this office.” 

Well guess what. I like country music. It’s not all Florida Georgia Line, although "Meant To Be" is an absolute country-pop BANGER. It’s a wide and expansive genre with highs and lows, and maybe your MCM trashes it — but he bumps XXXTentacion, so who’s really playing themselves here? So I defy thee, Daily Tar Heel office and Maeve specifically. It’s about to get real yeehaw this week on Office DJ. Here are some of my personal favorite country songs.

@bg_keyes