Four-star guard Anthony Harris joins Cole Anthony in committing to UNC

Roy Williams Washington NCAA Round 2
Head Coach Roy Williams high-fives fans as he enters the arena for the second round of the NCAA tournament against Washington at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH on Sunday, March 24, 2019. UNC defeated Washington 81-59.

Tuesday has been kind to the North Carolina men's basketball team.

To start the day, five-star combo guard Cole Anthony announced on ESPN's Get Up that he was committing to UNC for the 2019-2020 season. The son of former NBA veteran Greg Anthony was named the MVP of the McDonald's All-American Game and won co-MVP honors at the Jordan Brand Classic. Anthony played his senior season at Virginia's Oak Hill Academy.

Hours later, the day got even better for head coach Roy Williams when four-star guard Anthony Harris announced he would join Anthony in Chapel Hill next season in a post via Twitter with the caption, "Let's do it!!"

"Anthony's a remarkable young man," Williams said in a team release Tuesday night. "I love his toughness and competitiveness. A team can never have enough of these qualities. We are very fortunate to have a player of his caliber join our program. His parents (Anthony Sr. and Meecsha Harris) have done a great job raising him and Coach Farello has done a tremendous job coaching him at Paul VI. He's a great addition to our program."

Harris originally committed to Virginia Tech on Nov. 19, 2018, but his plans changed once head coach Buzz Williams left for Texas A&M. On April 4, Harris announced he would open his recruitment back up in a post via Twitter.

"Congratulations to Coach Buzz on his new position," Harris said in the post. "Although I will still consider Virginia Tech, in order to fully weigh all my options I have decided to reopen my recruitment."

The 6-foot-3, 180-pound guard from Fairfax, Va., is the No. 65 recruit in 247Sports' composite rankings and the No. 8 combo guard in the class. As a senior for Paul VI Catholic High School, Harris missed the majority of the season after tearing his left ACL on Dec. 1 in a win over the St. Frances Academy. 

Harris played with fellow UNC recruit Armando Bacot Jr., on Nike's Team Takeover, a squad based in the Washington D.C. area that won the Nike Peach Jam last summer. Harris averaged 8.2 points and 2.5 assists and proved to be a threat from outside, hitting 21 of 48 3-pointers.

UNC now has four commitments for the 2019-2020 season and the class checks in at No. 6 on 247Sports' team rankings. Anthony and Bacot are both five-star recruits and point guard Jeremiah Francis is a three-star recruit from Pickerington, Ohio. 

The three first-year guards will join a crowded North Carolina backcourt that includes rising seniors Seventh Woods and Brandon Robinson and rising junior Andrew Platek.

@christrenkle2