David Boliek, member of BOT, to run for State Auditor

20230324_Sherwood_BOTmeeting-15.jpg

Former UNC-CH Board of Trustees Chair David L. Boliek spoke next to Chancellor Kevin Guskiewicz at the Board of Trustees meeting at the Carolina Inn on March 23, 2023.

David Boliek, chairperson from 2022 to 2023 and current member on the UNC Board of Trustees, is running for state auditor. 

The only mention of auditing policy on his campaign website is, "David Boliek will be an auditor who looks after your money." 

As a trustee, he has led reforms to the University's budget process and established an audit and risk management committee, his website also says. 

Boliek was chairperson of the BOT when it announced plans to accelerate the creation of the School of Civic Life and Leadership.

On his website, he describes himself as a conservative, though he was registered as a Democrat before switching his party registration this past June. 

He is running against five other Republicans in the primary for state auditor. 

@abbypenderr I @wslivingston_

Walker Livingston

Walker Livingston is the 2024 enterprise managing editor at The Daily Tar Heel. She has previously served as summer city & state editor and assistant city & state editor. Walker is a sophomore pursuing a double major in journalism and media and American studies, with a minor in data science. 

More in University