DTH at a Glance

Please don't tell my very self-conscious dog what I wrote about him today

Having a dog in college is great. They protect you. They comfort you when things go wrong. They're the only beings on Earth who're happy to see you regardless of how much you accidentally step on their feet or ignore them to do work.

Coincidentally, having a dog in college is also the literal worst. They "protect" you from people — like the repair person who's trying to fix your dryer that's been broken for two weeks. They eat everything you leave in the open, regardless of edibility. Sometimes they dig through the trash and then throw it up in your living room late at night.

But at least my dog is cute and happy while he vomits in the living room as I get home at 2 in the morning. That's more than I can say about myself.

Danny

QUICK HITS

• Hundreds of people gathered last night to honor the lives of Deah Barakat, Yusor Abu-Salha and Razan Abu-Salha at an N.C. State vigil. An endowment originally started by Barakat has raised $700,000 now.
  • Lauren Eaves and Regan Buchanan have been elected new co-presidents for the Campus Y and will take over after spring break this year.
  • Kure Beach, N.C., was named one of the top eight desired destinations for future oil rigs as part of a national plan for off-shore drilling.
  • Vice President Joe Biden promised to "clear the way" for a cancer research initiative at his recent talk at Duke.

IN TOWN NEWS

Residents of Chapel Hill have a new option for identification. The town is partnering with local law enforcement, a church and a Greensboro organization to issue FaithIDs for people like immigrants who don't have other methods of identification.

IN DOG NEWS

Dogs are perfect and can help their student owners with all stresses in life. This is Ellie, an 8-month-old American bulldog who's the part-time protector and full-time fuzzy angel of junior Kalsey Hyder. According to Campus Health and everyone under the sun, you don't have to own a dog for them to make you happy. Just go out and see one today.

IN CIVIC DUTIES

If you, too, are confused about how or where to vote, we've got you covered. If you're confused about why or for whom to vote, we can't help you. Objectivity and all.

IN OUR OPINION

Mr. and Miss UNC supports uncomfortable standards of gender roles. It's 2016; have students compete with students, not distinguished by gender. If you think that's messing with tradition too much, just keep in mind that it took like 60 years to change Mr. UNC from being a professor and Miss UNC being a popular female student.

IN THE BLOGS

Our assistant Arts & Entertainment editor interviewed Renee Graziano from "Mob Wives" because why not. They discussed the nuances of loyalty, drama, confrontation and swearing, among other things. All of which make perfect sense if you've ever been to TOPO with Ryan on a Saturday.