DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Littering

Good morning, and happy Monday to everyone who's not my neighbors whose friend keeps taking the last parking spot when I get home from work.

In case you missed it, the Tar Heels crushed Virginia men's basketball 65-41 on Saturday — and Justin Jackson, my mom's second-favorite UNC student, was responsible for a smooth half of those points.

I dunno about you, but I'm currently working on a group assignment for one of my classes, and I can't help but realize I am 100 percent the Justin Jackson of every group project I have ever had to do over the last seven semesters.

That or I'm a redshirt super senior who's never left the bench in his entire career. There's no real in between.

— Danny

QUICK HITS

• Students from a history research seminar are working to establish Wilson Caldwell Day at UNC to bring attention to the role slaves played in establishing the University.
  • The pool at Lux played host to UNC Special Olympics' first-ever Polar Plunge over the weekend, raising about $1,300 for Special Olympics Orange County.
  • I don't think I've ever included a letter to the editor in the newsletter before, but this person feels (profoundly) strongly about Davis Library computers, and I am fascinated. 

IN DAILY CRIME

Someone was reported for "littering in a dumpster that did not belong to her" at 3:30 p.m. on Thursday. Another person reportedly refused to leave someone's house and also broke their eyeglasses.

IN COURT, SORT OF

The UNC Board of Elections held three hearings regarding the drama of this year's student body presidential race — for cases with candidates Joe Nail and Matthew McKnight. The board has 48 hours after each hearing to render a decision.

IN CAMPUS NEWS

Fliers appeared around campus last week that promoted burning Trump merchandise and hitting fascists with baseball bats. Chancellor Folt issued a statement condemning the incitement of violence.

IN DOG NEWS

For arguably the first time in recorded history, PR folks are doing some good in the world. MEJO 434, a public relations class, is working with Bullies 2 the Rescue to help the organization in its mission to rescue and re-home English bulldogs in need.