Seth Wright Staff Writer

Articles

Rajen Dey (age 6) fishes around in a log to find termites at the "Right Tool for the Job" exhibit Saturday morning outside of Morehead Planetarium during their Children's Science day (check the name of the event, as I deleted the assignment email already). Many families showed up to the event to have their children experience Anthropology in a fun environment.

Rajen is wearing Blue (age 6) and Vijay is wearing Green (age 8)

Planetarium hosts free family science day

Durham resident Trish Christie used to visit Morehead Planetarium when she was a child. And Saturday afternoon she was able to give a similar experience to her daughter listening to evolution campfire stories and digging through fossils with 16-month-old Lila.

Many dorms contain asbestos

Even after a $22-million renovation Morrison Residence Hall remains one of six dormitories on campus containing potentially cancerous materials. The other residence halls with asbestos-containing walls are Hinton James Avery Parker Morrison Ehringhaus and Craige.

Vandalism in Morrison Residence Hall" including damage to a wall of the game room has created the possibility of increased fees.

Fines in store due to vandals

One of UNC's largest dormitories has been vandalized to the point that all of its residents could be fined. During the past few weeks Morrison Residence Hall has reported damage to walls and ceilings stolen furniture and destroyed bulletin boards. Community Director Josh Alexander who was unable to comment on the situation because of University policy sent out an e-mail to residents Tuesday warning them that action would be taken if the vandalism continued.

Black wows student crowd

As the lights dimmed and the audience settled down Saturday night in Memorial Hall there was nothing but a microphone and a stool on stage. And for the next three hours" there was nothing but laughter filling the sold-out auditorium. ""Lewis Black and Friends"" part of Carolina Union Activities Board's fifth annual Carolina Comedy Festival, featured Black and other well-known comedians performing in front of the all-student crowd.

Student's debut play allows evolving script

An eavesdropping wife-swapping" blackmailing comedy extravaganza will begin to unfold on campus tonight. ""Blackmail"" a play presented by the UNC Playwriting Studio, will debut at 8:15 p.m. tonight in the Elizabeth Price Kenan Theatre. The play is the first comedy written by junior Russell Johnson.