Tuesday October 26th

UNC men's basketball team releases conference schedule for 2021-22 season

The UNC bench celebrates near the end of the game in the Dean Dome on March 6, 2021. The Tar Heels beat the Blue Devils 91-73.
Buy Photos The UNC bench celebrates near the end of the game in the Dean Dome on March 6, 2021. The Tar Heels beat the Blue Devils 91-73.

The North Carolina men’s basketball team announced its conference schedule for the 2021-2022 season on Thursday night.

The 20-game ACC slate starts on Dec. 5, when the Tar Heels travel to Atlanta to face the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, and wraps up on March 5 with a matchup against rival Duke in Durham.

After the conference-opener against the Yellow Jackets, UNC fans will have to wait until Dec. 29 to catch Hubert Davis in the Smith Center for his home debut as head coach of the Tar Heels. UNC will play host to Virginia Tech in their home-opener, after having their regular season game against the Hokies canceled last season.

The conference schedule heats up for the Tar Heels in January with a New Year’s Day contest at Boston College along with four more road games against Notre Dame, Miami, Wake Forest and Louisville. UNC also has four home games in January against Virginia on Jan. 8, Georgia Tech on Jan. 15, Boston College on Jan. 26 and N.C. State on Jan. 29.

The Tar Heels play their first game against Duke on Feb. 5 in Chapel Hill, where they will look to build on their two-game winning streak against the Blue Devils. UNC will also host Florida State, Pittsburgh, Louisville and Syracuse later in the season.

There are only three away games on the schedule for the Tar Heels in the month of February. They will to travel to Clemson on Feb. 8, Virginia Tech on Feb. 19 and N.C. State on Feb. 26.

Barclays Center – home to the Brooklyn Nets – will host the ACC Tournament for the third time this season. The tournament is scheduled for March 8 to 12.

@austinb_unc

Welcome Back Edition 2021