DTH at a Glance

*Serenades our governor with JoJo's "Too Little, Too Late"*

I'm not gonna lie; summer camp is bomb.

I only ever went to one, and it was a high school journalism camp held on UNC's campus, but it was still bomb. My fellow campers and I stayed in Morrison and thought it was "cool." We walked to Carroll Hall every day and thought that was "far." I met a guy I liked and came to the momentous, world-shattering realization that I'm gay. There was some free pizza.

Everyone deserves the full summer camp experience — and for one UNC student, it's almost within reach. They were accepted to the camp they want and are about halfway to their fundraising goal. YGG, Madison.

— Danny

QUICK HITS

• That student, first-year Madison Tibbetts, wants to attend a camp for people on the autism spectrum, and they're determined to raise the money to get there.
  • Gov. Pat McCrory issued an executive order backtracking on aspects of House Bill 2 on Tuesday. His opponents are criticizing it as futile damage control.
  • If you (somehow) haven't already heard, UNC basketball's Justin Jackson is expected to declare for the NBA draft next month.
  • One of our bloggers shares the struggle of finding summer housing, told through a series of 11 gifs. On a very related note, if you need to find a house or two in Chapel Hill this summer, please help me.

IN HONOR COURT

Honor Court doesn't factor in any precedent in drunken driving cases with students — or any case. That leads to different outcomes from student to student, even if they're in similar situations. Since 2011, dozens of students have been charged with DWIs — and Honor Court found out about *almost* all of them.

IN POLITICS

South Carolina is considering its own version of the "bathroom bill." They refer to the measure as common sense. They refer to us as "neighbors to the north" who are showing common decency. I'm still deciding which one of those makes me more uncomfortable.

IN TOWN NEWS

Local businesses are putting beehives on their roofs and buildings. Which I was going to make fun of until a source in this story said without bees, society wouldn't have coffee, wine, beer or affordable chicken. I'm now a bee activist.

IN HOUSE BILL 2

UNC officials are still being super vague about whether and how House Bill 2 affects campus. What they have said is the University won't be changing its existing non-discrimination policies. UNC will also continue adding more gender-neutral bathrooms.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Graduation Guide