DTH at a Glance

(Carolina) Bluesletter: We're going to the championship, ahhhh

In case you've been living under a rock in the Arctic circle, the UNC men's basketball team crushed it in Houston and is en route to the freaking championship. Watching them slay Syracuse was almost as beautiful and exciting as getting to give out Final Four papers to an entire class of small, impressionable kindergarteners in the quad on Friday — because 1) they were cute and 2) you're never too young for religion.

If you're anything like the rest of the UNC fans we met when we were handing out the Final Four papers, you probably want to know where you can pick up a copy of today's commemorative Championship Preview. And, knock on every surface resembling wood in a quarter-mile radius, this is also where you can find a copy of the championship paper on Tuesday.

Millennial's note: Papers will not be in boxes on Tuesday, which means you must endure social interaction to get one from us.

— Danny

QUICK HITS

• Here are three things to know about Villanova, unfortunately not including the fact that its mascot looks like a giant rat with White Walker eyes.
  • Krave, a kava bar opened by a lawyer trying to escape the stressfulness that is being a lawyer, just celebrated its first birthday in Carrboro.
  • UNC is ringing in the 100th anniversary of the Pulitzer Prize with tonight's live reading of the play "In Abraham's Bosom" by Paul Green.
  • Fayetteville State University, one of five historically black colleges in the UNC system, could be getting a name change from the N.C. legislature.
  • Also, parents: Send us your graduating senior's embarrassing baby pictures for our annual Baby Issue ads. They might regret it, but you (and we) will not.

IN THE FREAKIN' CHAMPIONSHIP

UNC men's basketball came out on top in its record 18th time in the Final Four. The 83-66 win also marked the third time that the Heels beat Syracuse this season. Truly, what a time to be alive.

IN DANCE MARATHON

The Carolina for the Kids Foundation raised $614,717.71 at this year's Dance Marathon. If you're interested in hearing how they increased their fundraising by $44,000, we have the story. If you want to hear sentimental participants complain about their feet falling off, we have that, too.

IN PROTESTS

Meet the couple who's blasting synchronized air horns outside Gov. McCrory's mansion. Tina and Grayson Currin are planning to hold weekly air horn blasts starting April 13. Their goal is to protest House Bill 2 in a way that's as random and ridiculous as how they view the law itself.

IN INTRA-OFFICE NEWS

A council of DTH elders has spoken, and University Editor Jane Wester is our editor-in-chief for the 2016-17 school year. She hopes to increase diversity on staff and in coverage, improve community engagement and continue our tradition of editorial freedom. She is a beautiful soul, and you should follow her on Twitter.

The Daily Tar Heel 2024 Graduation Guide