DTH at a Glance

Forty minutes of game time and two and a half years off my life later:

I truly have no idea what story I could tell right now that will make what happened last night OK or funny or just hurt less. So I'm not going to talk about it at all. Because I'm a millennial, and not acknowledging it is what we do.

Instead, here's a list of everything that makes me thankful to wake up and kick off my life in this town, as a Tar Heel, every day — even today:

1. Our school color — for being the prettiest shade of blue anyone could've chosen.
  2. The friends I've made here. Seriously, pause for a second and think about who you hung out with in high school. It's horrific.
  3. The fact that when UNC does something, even if that something is losing, it is a *national* news story. And we all get to be a part of that.
  4. The crossing guard lady on South Road.
  5. The family and the home I've found at The Daily Tar Heel.
  6. Also, Daily Grind. Bless The Daily Grind.

— Danny

QUICK HITS

• Despite Marcus Paige's truly come-to-Jesus 3-pointer with less than 5 seconds left, the Tar Heels fell to Villanova 77-74 in the championship.
  • The Rev. William Barber, president of the North Carolina NAACP, just announced a national tour to ignite activism for women, racial minorities, immigrants, religious minorities and others.
  • With potential students, faculty and speakers saying they're now unsure about coming here in the wake of House Bill 2, the Faculty Executive Committee is trying to figure out how the law applies to our campus.
  • UNC Hospitals is currently investigating a stumping outbreak of a rare eye condition in Huntersville — fingers crossed they can find cures soon for the refs from last night's game.

IN OUR OPINION

Remember the unsung players of UNC basketball as we reflect today. Yes, Roy and the boys are gods among mortals in the Southern Part of Heaven. But also take the time to recognize the work put in by police, traffic cops, journalists and band members. And wing delivery people, probably.

IN CAMPUS NEWS

As Tar Heel basketball leaves Houston, Houston leaves the rest of us. Student Body President Houston Summers said in his tenure he's learned patience, trusting the process and not jumping to conclusions. We'll miss you, UNC-brand Ryan Reynolds.

IN PETITIONING

UNC professors are grappling with student pleas to cancel class and postpone exams today. Journalism professor Paul O'Connor said he canceled essentially because in 20 years, his students will remember last night better than they can remember him or his class. Paul O'Connor gets it.

IN DOG NEWS

This pit bull mix is named after a Broadway musical and wears Minion pajamas. He also requires three minutes notice if you need him to get off the couch — something I think all of us can relate to this morning.