DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Hornet's Nest

Good Morning and Happy Wednesday!

Parents in the summer are usually just trying to get their kids out of the house as much as possible — at least, my parents always were. I was pretty rambunctious, so who can blame them?

This meant I went to a weird string of summer camps that may or may not have been the best fit. There was circus camp, art day camps, drama camps (these were the unanimous winners) and ... basketball camp.

I am not athletic and I never have been. I blamed it on flat feet then, and I do now. So basketball camp was a little out of my comfort zone. Despite having a hoop in backyard and my burning desire to be Tyler Hansbrough (See: past newsletters), I was still no good at basketball. Luckily I only grew to 5'4", so it's not like that career would have taken off anyway.

You know who is probably better at basketball than me? The Charlotte Hornets. They will be hosting their training camp at UNC and we got the deets with the executive vice president and COO about their trip to Chapel Hill. 

Franklin Street will be closed between Pickard Lane and S. Columbia Street between 9 p.m. July 24 and 6 a.m. July 25.

The Rundown

• Chapel Hill is repaving tonight from 9 p.m. to 6 p.m. Read about what this may mean for your commute and where the paving will take place. 
  • An armed robbery took place at the CVS on Fordham Boulevard. The three suspects fled the scene and the investigation is still ongoing. 

Cops!

We have your weekly crime report. We scoured the incident reports to give you a round up of crime around the Chapel Hill and Carrboro area. Spoiler Alert: There's a taser involved in this one.

Things to Do 

• July 25- Museum Tour at the Ackland- Time to ~get cultured~ with a FREE docent-led tour. The Ackland always has amazing art in rotation, so take advantage and enjoy a classy Wednesday. (Ackland Art Museum)
  • July 25- Wine Down Wednesday- Enjoy half-off wine and live music in this uber chill way to celebrate being halfway done with the week. There are even free treats for kids! (La Vita Dolce)
  • July 25- Bark in the Park- Cheer on the Durham Bulls with man's best friend as dog take over DBAP! Have fun in the sun surrounded by pups. Can't imagine a better Wednesday. (Durham Bulls Athletic Park)

"Come on and slam and welcome to the jam."

Quad City DJ's

The Daily Tar Heel's 2024 Music Edition