Big-name politicians make pitch for Tillis, Hagan in NC

Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Rand Paul, and Hillary Clinton are names pollsters have been foreseeing in the 2016 presidential primaries, but seem a little out of place in the N.C. Senate race between Kay Hagan and Thom Tillis.

These big names, with the exception of Hillary whose husband is doing it for her, are throwing endorsements into every Senate race they can reach, and we can be certain the victors will return the favor in 2016.

Read More

NC's Senate candidates attack the attack ads

Both major party candidates in North Carolina’s U.S. Senate race took the bold stand on Friday to call out the mudslinging in campaign ads coming from the other side. Just do not expect either one to stop running attack ads anytime soon.

Read More

Poll: NC voters want ability to decide gay marriage

A new American Insights poll on gay marriage shows that the tide has turned on the issue for North Carolina voters — somewhat.

But they don’t want the courts deciding whether legal gay marriage becomes a reality.

Read More

No return to Raleigh for state lawmakers, but business incentives might suffer

After facing pressure from business and economic leaders across the state to expand the Job Development Investment Grant (JDIG) as funds begin to run dry, Gov. Pat McCrory has decided not to call the N.C. General Assembly back to Raleigh for a special session.

“It would be counterproductive and a waste of taxpayer money to bring the General Assembly back when there is no agreement in place on issues already voted on,” McCrory said in a statement Friday.

Read More