ICYMI: Ted Cruz rehearses kissing his wife before presidential announcement

U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, a Republican from Texas, officially announced his candidacy for the 2016 presidential race at Liberty University last week — and he remains the only major candidate to have officially declared a run.

Cruz was a big subject on social media and news organizations throughout last week, but not just for his announcement or his policies — but for what many believed was him rehearsing kissing his wife before the big announcement at the university last week.

Read More

NC House bill clarifies that sex between lobbyists, officials is conflict of interest

North Carolina lawmakers don't seem to be happy about a memo released in February talking about sexual relations between lobbyists and government officials that received significant media attention.

A month after the N.C. Ethics Committee ruled that sex between a lobbyist and an official is not considered a gift and doesn’t have to be disclosed, members of the N.C. House of Representatives have filed an opposing bill.

Read More

Barbara Mikulski, longest serving woman in Congress, to retire after four-decade career

Barbara Mikulski — the longest serving female member in the history of Congress — announced on Monday that she will not be running for a sixth consecutive term.

Mikulski is a Democratic senator from Maryland who has fought consistently for bipartisan compromise, for women's issues and for women lawmakers since she first gained the seat in 1988. She served in the House of Representatives for a dozen years before then.

Read More