Former UNC guard Seventh Woods is zeroing in on three schools for transfer

basketball vs uncw seventh woods
Junior guard Seventh Woods (0) moves to the basket during the game against UNCW on Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2018 in the Smith Center. UNC won 97-69.

Seventh Woods, a former UNC guard who announced he would transfer from North Carolina on April 25, has narrowed his list of new destinations down to three.

Woods, who played three seasons with the Tar Heels, is considering South Carolina, Gonzaga and Michigan, as first reported by Lou Bezjak of The State. ABC Columbia's Mike Gillespie later reported that Woods has already made his choice and will likely announce it next week.

In 94 career games, Woods averaged 1.8 points, 1.5 assists and 0.6 steals per game. He spent his first two seasons as a reserve behind Joel Berry II and played in all 40 games for UNC's 2017 national championship team, which defeated Gonzaga in the NCAA title game.

As a junior, Woods backed up record-setting first-year guard Coby White, now a projected NBA Draft lottery pick. As a senior, he would've been pressed for playing time yet again. Days before Woods announced his intent to transfer, five-star guard Cole Anthony and four-star guard Anthony Harris both committed to UNC.

Woods, a Columbia, S.C. native, will sit out the 2019-20 season per NCAA transfer rules, as reported by The State, and use his final season of eligibility in 2020-21.

@chapelfowler